• How Thinking S.M.A.R.T. with High Reliability Science can transform your life.
• Understand how The CEO Model of Wellness can work for you.
• The four pillars comprising tools, tactics and strategies for the business of your wellness.
• Common traps that prevent high-achieving individuals from maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
• How to apply your innate leadership skills and strengths for a successful wellness business.
• Why leaders are particularly at risk for living with untreated depression.
• Personal wellness management lessons from corporate giants at Ali Baba and Toyota.
• How to “Square the Curve” and maintain wellness throughout life.
• How Moderation Management can help curb the urge to drink ‘‘one more” alcoholic beverage.
Despite a ‘clean bill of health’ from your physician, no one is immune from a life-changing diagnosis or other unexpected health event. While advances in healthcare have extended human lives, these advances have changed the nature of health issues we experience. Less than 150 years ago, tuberculosis and dysentery were the leading causes of death in the United States. However, that has changed. Instead of diseases that infect the body from outside, the leading diseases that cause death and disability now originate from inside us. Instead of dying from infections we contract from others, we now get sick and die more slowly from chronic diseases we give ourselves through lifestyle choices.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, the most recent statistics on heart disease place it as leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. Approximately 610,000 Americans die from heart disease each year. This represents one of every four deaths. Lifestyle disorders often lead to chronic health conditions, which currently affect 117 million Americans. Two chronic health conditions, heart disease and cancer, account for nearly half of all deaths each year. More important, it’s estimated that two out of five of these deaths due to chronic health conditions are preventable. How can you protect yourself?
Health is the greatest wealth we have. It isn’t just for the present, but for generations to come. I invite you to completely re-imagine what it means to achieve wellness and avoid premature disability or death from chronic disease. Instead of limiting your health maintenance to reacting as health issues arise, envision the wellness of your body as a business, where you are in control as CEO. Your doctor serves as your COO, coordinating your leadership team in service of your wellness vision and goals.
The CEO Model of Wellness is grounded in High Reliability Science. High Reliability Science focuses on achieving a benchmark of zero preventable harmful events in high-risk industries, like nuclear power and aviation. Dr. Scott has created a revolutionary approach for self-care based on personalized High Reliability Science. The same techniques that reduce the risk of nuclear or aviation disasters can help you avoid health crises in your personal life. There are five key principles of High Reliability Science which foster a mindful infrastructure for your business. Applying the five HRS principles to your wellness requires S.M.A.R.T Thinking.